الثلاثاء، 4 ديسمبر 2007

Is Democracy not suitable for us?




I have always been convinced that democracy should be the way to go for Egypt and any other country for that matter. However, recent events have led me to believe that that might not be the best system for us at the this moment!

Surprised? Read on...

Look at the photo above taken for the thousands of demonstrators in Sudan asking for punishment, even death, for a 54 years old British teacher for just naming a teddy bear the name of one of the students; she obviously never meant any harm or mockery, and certainly didn't have the name of the prophet in mind!

In a true democracy, these are the people who would determine our way of life! They are the ignorant/brain washed majority.

We do have laws that prevent anyone from getting a driver's license if he doesn't know how to read and write, can't we at least have similar laws concerning the voter registration cards?

If that's not the case, then I would probably change my mind about the idea of democracy in our countries, because, you see, I don't want the likes of the people in the photo driving my country to the abyss.

ليست هناك تعليقات: